As the season changes from Summer to Fall, some of us start planning activities for our FALL BUCKET LIST. A Fall bucket list is a list of things you’d like to do to celebrate the beginning of the Fall season. Our family always looks forward to this season. We LOVE all the activities that go with it and the cooler temperatures. There’s nothing like a cool night by a bonfire, roasting marshmallows and cozying up in our blankets. You might be asking yourself so what is there to do in the Fall? Well, get ready to have fun because we are sharing a family-friendly bucket list that can surely keep you having fun and embracing everything Fall.
One thing our family always enjoys is getting out in nature. One of our favorite times to do that is during the Fall season. Here is a list of the best outdoor activities:
- Jump into a pile of leaves: who else remembers doing this as a kid? Go jump in those golden leaves and enjoy.
- Go to a pumpkin patch: This is our hands down our favorite activity. It is one of the best places to visit, as far as fall is concerned. Pumpkin patches get busy quickly. The earlier you arrive, the better, if you don’t want to wait in long lines.
- Bonfire: The cooler weather is a perfect reason to invite your family and friends over and have a bonfire, drink apple cider, roast marshmallows and make smores. One of our favorite family traditions.
- Go on a hayride: many of the pumpkin patches offer hayrides during their Autumn harvest. It’s the perfect activity for all ages. Our teens still love it!
- Corn Maze: this can provide hours of fun while you try and find your way out of the corn maze.
- Go to a football game: everyone should experience a football game at least once. Even if you aren’t a big football person, the atmosphere is a blast!
As the weather gets colder, you may not want to venture outside as much. Here is a list of fun activities you can enjoy indoors.
- Watch a scary movie: A few family favorites are Hocus Pocus, Ghostbusters, Scream (for the teens). When they were younger, we loved Hotel Transylvania.
- Make Chili: We have this yummy goodness at least once a week during the Fall season. Pair it with Fritos, shredded cheese, and sour cream you have a yummy meal that everyone likes.
- Go to a haunted house: A haunted house can make for a fun time. It may not be the best option for young children though. It can be a great way to celebrate the season.
- Carve pumpkins: this is a must for this time of year. Everywhere you look, you see pumpkins of all shapes, sizes, and colors. We love to roast the seeds as well.
- Make pumpkin pie: Pinterest has some great recipes and it’s SO easy.
- Drink Pumpkin Spice Coffee: seriously, you just have to try it! Pinterest has some yummy recipes or just go to Starbucks a personal favorite.
- Shop for Fall candles: There’s nothing we love more than the scent of Fall filling our house. Apple Pie, Pumpkin Spice, all the thigs that smell like Fall.
- Decorate your home with Fall decor: It’s always fun to change up your home decor with each season. Pull things in from nature like pinecones, acorns, gourds, pumpkins, the list goes on.
With a new season comes new beginnings. The changing leaves reminds us that sometimes transformation can be so beautiful. Get out there and enjoy all that the season has to offer. Make your Fall Bucket List and make some lasting memories with each other.